There are multiple opportunities to meet and pray during the week. Please join us whenever your schedule allows:
~ Sundays: 8:15am to pray for the congregation and the worship services
~ Tuesdays: 10am to pray with the scriptures
~ Wednesdays: 6:30pm general prayer group
For prayer requests, simply contact the church at 816-763-8444 or one of the following members: Dorothy Davis, 816-353-2169; or Marge Smith, 816-322-9173.
United Methodist Women
The United Methodist Women’s (UMW) group is the largest women's organization in the world with units in approximately 90 countries. Since the options for women and children are far fewer in many places, UMW supports many institutions that address these problems in the U.S. as well as all around the world. At St. Luke's we have a UMW Unit that is open to all women and meets at the church on the first Thursday of each month. Meetings are held at either 9:30am or 7pm. Please contact the church office at 816-763-8444 for the monthly schedule. Unit members may also belong to a UMW Circle which meet at different times each month. There is surely a Circle that fits your Circles meet in private homes or at the church and are a good way to get to know folks in a small-group setting that builds strong bonds of caring and friendship. UMW is involved in many things, both locally and at the state level. Bi-annual fundraisers help support the UMW missions and selected agencies.
Other fellowship Opportunities
Do you have a particular interest or hobby? Would you like to meet with other adults with similar interests? To form a Small Group, or find out more about one listed below, please call the office.
- Bible Studies – meet in member’s homes for short and/or long term studies.
- Book Group – meets third Monday of the month at 7pm in member’s homes.
- Country Breakfast – meets first Saturday of every month from 7-10am. Cost: $4. Volunteer workers appreciated.
- Devoted Stitchers – meets at church every Thursday at 7pm to work on personal needlework projects.
- Quilting Group – meets every Wednesday from 9am-2:30pm to “quilt for hire”; come any time you can and stay as long as you like. They will teach interested persons.
- Acoustic Jam South KC – meets every Tuesday at 6pm to play instruments together