Community Health Ministries
Did you know?
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that…
- About one out of three U.S. adults (31.3%) has high blood pressure.
High blood pressure is a major risk factor for heart disease, stroke, congestive heart failure, and kidney disease.
- High blood pressure was listed as a primary or contributing cause of death for 326,000 Americans in 2006.
- In 2010, high blood pressure will cost the United States $76.6 billion in health care services, medications, and missed days of work.
- About 70% of those with high blood pressure and took medication had their high blood pressure controlled. The control rate was 46.6% among all hypertensive patients.
- 25% of American adults has prehypertension—blood pressure numbers that are higher than normal, but not yet in the high blood pressure range. Prehypertension raises your risk for high blood pressure.
Don’t become another statistic. Have your blood pressure checked FOR FREE the first Sunday of every month between 9:30 and 10am. No signup or registration is needed – just come by The Friendship Room.